Planning for Vacation ?
Enjoy Vacations and Have Safe home !!
As the weather turns colder, snowbirds are locking up their homes and heading off for a more pleasant clime. Others are flying across the country to visit loved ones for the holidays. Our daily lives are filled with numerous, necessary (and sometimes unnecessary) activities: work, school, trips to the grocery etc..
That is why a getaway with the family is a perfect solution to busy lives that limit time with our loved ones. When you’re away, it’s just you and the family.Vacations can be a Great Educational Experience for Kids and it improves mental health. Vacations are memory for lifetime !! Whenever you choose to get away, your pre-trip preparations should include home-security measures, so you won't leave the family's most expensive possession -- your home -- vulnerable to burglars.
Keeping your home safe while you're away
Here are some safety and security tip to consider while you plan to go for vacations:
- Inform a neighbor of your departure and return dates;
- Where possible, cancel or redirect your mail and deliveries. Alternatively, have a neighbor collect these items;
- Arrange to have your lawn cut and walkways cleared;
- Use timers to activate lights at various intervals.
- Don't keep keys under your door mat
- Give your emergency contact telephone number to your neighbor.
- Have Surveillance Camera installed and with it's smart phone app, monitor your home while you are away
- Install Security Film or window bars to keep criminals out.Physical barriers are good investment for long term protection.
- Install Burglar Alarm System with carbon monoxide detector and flood detector
"A few simple steps can mitigate the risk of a break-in"
"Do everything possible to make yourself a lousy target for thieves"
At GlassEssential.com , we provide complete security products and services to improve the security of your home.Should you have any idea or suggestions, please comment on this blog post