Tools for window measurements :
- Measuring tape
- Notebook / paper
GLASSESSENTIAL® security films can be installed in the following ways.
A. Method of measuring:
- Take the inner dimensions of the window where the security sheet is to be installed.
- Note the height and width (in inches) of the window and its location.
B. Method of cutting the security film:
- Can be cut either horizontally or vertically, as per the window size, resulting in less wastage.
- Normal width being 60inches, the film cutting should be 1/16th inch from the measured dimensions on all sides.
C. Preparation of soap water:
- Take water in a spray bottle and add 1-2 spoonful baby shampoo
- Remove all kinds of dirt and stickers from the glass pane
- Spray the soapy water on the glass surface
- Wipe clean with lint free hand towels
D. Installation Of GLASSESSENTIAL Safety Laminate:
- After cleaning, spray the soap water again on the glass surface.
- Repeat on the backside of liner for release of security sheets.
- Wet your hands properly with the same solution.
- Remove the release liner and spray soap water on the interior adhesive side of security laminate.
- Spray the soap water solution again on the adhesive side.
- Keeping the adhesive side toward the glass, place it on the glass pane.
- Spray the soapy solution on the outer side of the safety laminate and set it well on the window pane.
- The gap between the side of the frame and the film should be 1/16”.
- Take out the water present between the pane and the film.
- Remove any moisture from the sides and the edges.
E. Optional instruction to protect tempered glass or for extra protection:
- To caulk around edges of your tempered glass, use 995 Silicon Caulking by Dow Corning.
- Opt for various mechanical anchoring which requires professionals to install the film.