INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :
- Clean the area of installation. Remove all traces of dirt, grime and grease, etc. Carefully measure the dimensions of the glass surface. Oversize the film up to 3/4" extra material on each side of the film and cut the film to this size.
- Create a wetting solution by adding 8 drops of very mild detergent (baby shampoo or dish detergent, not hand soap) into a 32oz. spray bottle of water.
- Lay the cut to size decorative film on a clean flat surface with the release liner up, or get someone for holding the piece to be applied. Remove the release liner and spray the wetting solution generously on the now exposed adhesive surface. The wetting solution prevents the window film from sticking to the surface immediately, allowing you more time for proper positioning, achieving flawless film installation.
- Place the wet film onto the clean glass surface. Wet the face of the film. Use the plastic card squeegee and squeegee from the center out towards the edges to remove any air bubbles and wetting solution. Double check for smooth and bubble-free film surface.
- In case of persisting bubbles, squeegee them out towards the closest edge. Trim the surplus film from the edges of the surface in one continuous movement, using a ruler and razor knife. Use the paper towels for cleaning the glass surface and absorbing the excess wetting solution around the edges.
- The film may take a few days to dry fully. It depends upon weather conditions.
- The surface of film installation should be very clean, free of dirt, dust particles and silicon. Ensure that there are no dry spots on the window film prior to placing it onto the glass.
- While removing the release liner the film should not roll over onto itself, else it will stick together. Wet the film as the liner is removed.
Tip to remove liner:
To separate the liner from the film take two pieces of scotch tape and stick them opposite each other at one corner. Then pull them apart and the liner will separate from the film. Wet the adhesive surface which gets exposed now.
For windows that are wider than the available width of SOLYX films, industry standards allow for seaming. Standard Installation for seaming is a bit-join type seam. The films are overlapped and cut through with a sharp blade using a straight edge, surplus being removed. An acceptably minor light line, which is the width of the blade point, may appear.
- GLASSESSENTIAL® Decorative Window Films are virtually maintenance-free, without requiring any special care.
- Normal cleaning with a mild window cleaner is ideal.
- Do not use anything abrasive.
- You can clean the window as often as necessary.